Fruit crumbles (and their close cousin, fruit crisps) are a classic American dessert for good reason: They’re fragrant, sweet, comforting, and easily adapted to whatever fruit is in season. Tasty on their own, they’re even better topped with ice cream.
- 8 medium peaches, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 8 Tbsp (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
For step-by-step video instructions and pre-programmed functions, including time, temperature, and cook function, search for this Guided Cooking recipe in the CHEF iQ App.
Don’t have the app? Download it here.