Smarter ways to use fresh aloe vera gel
- Soothing sunburns, kitchen burns, and cuts
- Moisturizing & preventing damage to your hair
- Revitalizing your face after routine cleansing
- Boosting smoothies with this natural probiotic
And speaking of smoothies, check out this simple and refreshing recipe from the CHEF iQ Test Kitchen:
ALOE VERA SUMMER SMOOTHIE
#Vegan, #Healthy, #Vegetarian, #Sugar-Free
What you'll need:
- 1 fresh aloe vera leaf, from a plant or purchased from an organic marketplace
- 1/2 cup strawberries, washed & hulled (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana, (fresh or frozen) chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup plant milk or water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional for added protein)
- 1/2 tsp flaxseeds (optional for added fiber)
- 2 tsp hemp seeds (optional for added protein)
How it's done:
Remove gel from leaf
- Trim off ends and sides of the aloe vera leaf, be careful of the spikes on the ridges.
- Cut the trimmed leaf into 3 sections for easier handling.
- Carefully using a sharp knife, cut around the peel to reveal the aloe vera flesh. (Aloe vera is naturally slimy so please be very careful). Cut into 1/2-inch cubes until you have 1/4 cup.
- Combine and blend all ingredients until smooth.