GIN FIZZ & CRUNCHY COCKTAIL CHICKPEAS
Royal Gin Fizz
Makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz gin, preferably London Dry-style
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz homemade or store-bought simple syrup
- 1 egg white or 1 oz aquafaba
- Soda water
- Lemon zest twist or rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Combine gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white or aquafaba in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Fill shaker with ice cubes and continue to shake vigorously until shaker feels icy cold, about 15 seconds.
- Strain drink into a highball glass and top with soda water. Garnish with a twist of lemon or fresh rosemary sprig.
Crunchy Cocktail Chickpeas
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 15.5-oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix zest, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Add the oil to your CHEF iQ® Smart Cooker™ cooking pot.
- Press Sear/Sauté on the Smart Cooker.
- Select Manual from on-unit screen then set to 18 minutes, High Sauté, Keep Warm off.
- Press Start/Stop on the unit, then heat oil until hot, about 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp and beginning to spilt open, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chickpeas to bowl with spice mixture and toss well to coat. (If time on Smart Cooker has not ended, press Start/Stop to turn it off. )
- Serve hot with your favorite drinks.